Thursday 29 November 2012

Blog of the month (after mine obvs!)

Only 4 weeks to go until I can put my feet up, wear my Santa PJ's and reindeer slippers for 2 weeks and munch on a ridiculous amount of chocolate oranges whilst watching the Wizard of Oz for the 64th time!

But until then, there's a lot of work to get through, and 30 students to get into uni so I'm currently up to my eyes in personal statements and UCAS applications! However, in amongst the craziness it's always good to keep abreast of interesting blogs, mainly about fashion but sometimes about nothing in particular!

Today I've been having a discussion with my 2nd years about interesting quotes which could be used on personal statements. Coco Chanel was rather fluent in saying what she felt although I'm not convinced my students should write 'I don't do fashion, I AM fashion' on their statements as it might come across a slightly over confident!!!

I kind of like 'The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud'

No point in keeping things to yourself girl!

Anyway, it got us talking about Karl Lagerfeld and the fact that I find him quite vulgar at times. He's a genius but can be rude and arrogant, especially about people who might have a bit of extra padding on them (remember Adele-gate?!) but what a lot of people don't realise is that Mr Lagerfeld once used to be a bit of a porker himself!! Oh yes indeedy... Mr Skinny was a perfect advertisement for any fast food chain!

We started looking for pictures of him back in his larger days and came across a rather amusing blog... Tres Dope!

I love the comments and little quotes! They've created a ripple of laughter across the room!!
And yes, I do think he looked happier and more friendly with a bit of extra meat on him!

Having investigated further I find the blog to be quite good overall and especially as I find that my Liam/Noel Gallagher eyebrows, or slugs as my sisters once called them (which I've tried to tame unsuccessfully for many years) are finally back in fashion... It says so right here!!

I'll definitely be following this blog... I kind of just like the title!

3 comments:

  1. The geordie snow leopard5 December 2012 at 19:38

    Update Pet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The driving penguin18 January 2013 at 17:33

    Update Pet!
    What happened to December?

    ReplyDelete