Friday 20 April 2012

My own pencil dancing!


It would be silly of me to start this blog without a link to my own work! I don't get as much time as I would like to do my own illustrations but I try to fit it into my hectic schedule!! I think it's really important to keep developing my own work. It's all very well passing on my experience and skills to my students but unless I keep up to date with different materials, techniques and processes then I would have nothing to pass on!! It's amazing just how advanced the digital world has become! I graduated from Uni having done very little work using a computer. Everything I did was hand drawn, but I entered an industry which  was beginning to rely heavily on digital technology not least for the speed of which you could do things!
I am completely self taught on Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and I picked it up quickly! I adore working with Illustrator but, I have to admit, my heart belongs to hand drawn illustrations!
My intention is to spend a lot more of 2012 doing my own drawings. I started off well but my full time job means it's difficult to find a spare moment! However, I hope to have at least 10 new drawings done by the end of the year! 2 down (including the one I've used as my blog background and the picture at the top of this post which I did for a lovely friend Michelle, who designs the most beautiful lingerie which you can find here ), 1 in progress (hopefully I'll finish it this weekend!), 7 to go! :)
I hope you all like my work which you can find here xx

No comments:

Post a Comment